Insect bites may inflict several skin diseases such as rashes, swelling, itchiness, blisters, and other hostile reactions. Many people have experimented with different techniques to control irritating insects in other to keep the environment healthier and pleasant. As a result, several kinds of fly zappers are now available on the market which are those designed for indoor use and outdoors.
Fundamentally, the best indoor bug zappers use an electrical discharge to eliminate bugs having enticed to the light source of the device. These insects get electrocuted when their body comes in contact with the device.
Our Top Picks
The best indoor fly zapper provides a chemical-free and efficient alternative to curtail insect bites. Perhaps, several people have tried different types of bug repellent and some of these repellents have serious side effects on users.
Some of them are toxic and can create severe health glitches while others can only guarantee temporal protection after a single application and require to be used repeatedly. Thus, it is necessary you take a closer look at indoor zappers for flying insects.
Indoor insect zapper uses Ultraviolet (UV) light to draw insects to the device and then kills them with high voltage electric shock. Additionally, various modern manufacturers of indoor insect zappers use unique fluorescent light bulbs that discharge UV light for maximum efficiency.
Typically, indoor bug zappers can cover a large area of the room. Besides flying insects, the device can help you dispose of cockroaches and bed bugs flooding your place. Bug zapper works so fast able to fix all insect problems quickly and discharging all unwanted inhabitants from your house within mere days.
You should carefully evaluate a few features when purchasing a bug zapper. The biggest consideration should be the quality of construction and user safety. Additionally, it should be easy to maintain, protect you from accidental contacts, and must be affordable.
Indoor Bug Zapper Reviews
1. Aspectek Bug Zapper Reviews – Best Indoor Mosquito Killer
- Size: 15L x 11H x 3.2W
- Best flying insect killer; the two UV light bulbs attract flies, moths, mosquitoes, and other flying insects.
- The device is chemical-free since insects are enticed and simply zapped by the high-voltage metal grids.
- A mesh screen that protects your entire household by avoiding unintentional contact with the electrical grid.
- Simple installation by fastening the add-on chain to the hooks on the top of the unit, or place on a solid surface.
- The removable plastic tray at the bottom of the unit that collects dead insects makes cleaning and maintenance easy.
The Aspectek electronic insect zapper has established itself as one of the best electric mosquito killer machines due to its undoubted effectiveness.
Besides, Aspectek indoor bug zapper is the oldest best insect killer which is entirely regarded in Amazon Pest Control Category.
Aspectek bug zapper is fully employed in annihilating all kinds of flying insects such as mosquitoes, flies, moths, wasps, and any other bugs attracted by UV lights.
It has 2 main amazing features; which are the UV bulbs (10W X2) to attract insects and the killing grid to eradicate bugs by emitting 2,800 Voltage.
Can you use it outdoors?
According to the manufacturer’s description, it’s only for indoor use. But some customer says that they used it outdoors and got a good result.
How long is the power cord?
The power cord is about 38.5″ to the plug.
What we liked
- Requires little maintenance
- The electric grid is self-cleaning.
- Chemical-free and environmentally friendly.
- Features washable removable plastic tray that effectively collects insect debris
- Comes with a chain which makes mounting easy and can also be placed on a flat surface directly
What we didn’t like
- Produces outrageous noise whenever a bug is killed
2. LiBa Electric Bug Zapper Reviews – Best Indoor Insect Killer
- It emits a 365 nm wavelength.
- Wire Chain For Space-Saving Hanging.
- It comes with a powerful bulb of 2800 volts.
- It comes with a detachable and easy-to-clean tray.
- This zapper measures about 15.4 x 12.4 x 3.9 inches.
- Cage Wiring for Avoiding Accidental Contact By People Or Pets.
This is a great indoor electronic fly zapper that comes with a 365 nm wavelength that emits blue light to enchant insects. The trick will surely help you trap and zap the flying insects since it falls within the wavelength of their sight.
Besides, the LiBa claims to feature the strongest insect zapper on the market with a powerful bulb of 2800 volts. They guarantee to destroy all the pests that get trapped in it.
Another great thing is, that you will find the repellent completely chemical-free and yes it’s a great alternative to other pest control as well. So it is not only effective but also safe to use in every interior area.
Thus, you can also call it the best method to use if you are among those who don’t prefer to get exposed to chemicals. You can utilize this zapper anywhere- be it at your home or any other indoor place.
Could this Bug Zapper be used in the baby room?
Best for use anywhere indoors. But when you think to use it in the baby room, before placing it make sure to shut down the door.
Does it make a continuous noise?
No, you will hear a Zap when a bug comes in contact with the power grid.
Do this work during the day?
What we liked
- It features a detachable and easy-to-clean tray.
- It is ideal for indoor and other commercial areas.
- It zaps all of the flying insects that get into it.
- It comes with the strongest bulb that traps the insect.
- It has cage wiring that saves people from accidental contact.
- This zapper is a great alternative to chemical-free pest control.
What we didn’t like
- The cord that comes with it is pretty short.
- The blue light is not beneficial for a soothing sleep.
3. GLOUE Indoor Bug Zapper Reviews – Best House Fly Killer
- Insect disposal is very easy.
- GLOUE provides a full refund guarantee.
- It makes a small noise that would not interrupt your sweet night’s rest.
- The device works great at night as its LED lights can efficiently attract mosquitoes and small flying gnats.
- Chemical-free, so it is suitable for use in all places like kitchens and hospitals.
- This zapper compares with about 3.7×2.55×2.36 inches and the effective coverage is about 16 square meters.
GLOUE indoor Zapper (Updated Version) is one of the best mosquito killers in low cost, less maintenance, safe, and most reliable device to eradicate bugs, mosquitoes, and other flying insects.
However, it can only cover about 16 square meters effectively and this is due to its size and design. In other words, if you want to get the best results from this device, you must use it in a small room. What’s more, it has better effects when using it at night due to its working principle.
This zapper is designed for indoor use at night due to its working principle. Perfectly suitable for kitchen, living room, basement, bedroom, enclosed garage, restaurant, store, and warehouse amongst others.
Does it work on killing mosquitos?
Yes, It kills mosquitoes, but not the quantity that I was hoping for.
Does it only work at night or daytime too?
Yes. But It works best at night with no other lights.
What we liked
- Relatively cheap and efficient.
- Do not involve chemicals or poisons.
- Safe, reliable, and environmentally friendly.
- The device can work continuously all through the year.
- Does not contain breathable toxins or a filthy smell.
- Simple to use; plug directly into an electrical wall outlet. Turn it on.
- Due to its small size, it can easily be carried and does not take up much space.
What we didn’t like
- Not effective during the day.
- The device design is so small and as a result, has a limited coverage.
4. PestZilla Robust UV Electronic Bug Zapper Reviews –The Best Fly Zapper
- Easy setup and it’s maintenance free.
- Chemical-free and also protects against accidental contact.
- This insect zapper can cover an area of about 6,000 sq. ft.
- The size of the gadget is 15 x 12 x 3 inches and contains replaceable UV bulbs of two 10-watt blue colors.
- This zapper has a collecting tray for dead bugs which makes disposal of bugs and cleaning easy.
- Features an extremely powerful high voltage electrically charged metal grid that kills flies and insects instantly.
- It has two removable chains to hold the device to the ceiling or wall. It can also be used on any flat surface.
The PestZilla indoor fly zapper gives constant protection against all types of insects. This zapper is perfectly ideal for homes, kitchens, hospitals, and schools amongst others.
Suitable for commercial and industrial use and covers an area of about 6,000 sq. ft. This device ensures insect free environment with a guarantee.
The flying bug zapper features a very powerful high voltage electrically charged metal grid that kills insects instantly whenever they come in contact with the grid.
With the aid of the bright blue UV bulb, flies and all species of insects are attracted to the device, and then get killed immediately as soon as their body touches the electrified grid.
The device is easy to operate; just simply plug in the zapper and look out for an efficient outcome as it eliminates all kinds of insect that comes in contact with the electrified metal grid.
Additionally, this indoor insect killer is equipped with an enclosed metal grid to guarantee safety and safeguard against unintentional contact.
Can I use it outside?
Yes, you can.
Is this product safe to use?
What we liked
- Safe and entirely chemical-free.
- Provides stress-free protection.
- Designed for wall mounting or ceiling.
- Extremely effective in insect control and its odor free.
- Cleaning is very easy and does not require much energy.
- PestZilla comes completely assembled with a free-standing device.
- Features a collecting tray that does not require you to touch dead bugs when removing them.
What we didn’t like
- Just very few sets of the device come with defective parts.
5. Iselector Indoor Electric Fly Zapper Reviews – Best Mosquito Bug Zapper
- It is chemical-free.
- Wire chain to hang.
- Comes with a detachable tray.
- The size of the device is 16.7 x 12.2 x 5 inches.
- It comes with 2 UV bulbs that emit 2800 voltage.
- It has an electronic grid that quickly zaps the insects.
- It has a protective cage to avoid accidental contact with the grid by people or pets.
This Iselector indoor pest killer is perfect for all indoor environments. You can use it anywhere in your house or even at the office so you can protect yourself against those frustrating flying bugs without using any risky chemicals.
This Iselector indoor electric fly zapper is pretty powerful and the unit can cover a great area. It’s strong enough to attract moths, mosquitoes, flies, or other insects and it catches their attention pretty effectively.
Its 2 UV bulbs emit powerful and attractive ultraviolet rays that enchant the moths, mosquitoes, or flies to its mighty electronic grid where it will quickly zap them up. There is also a detachable tray where the dead insects gather so you can collect them and clean them up.
Besides, its simple installation is another thing that makes it pretty useful. All you have to do is hand the zapper by attaching the chain to the hooks at the top of the unit or if you want, you can simply put it on the floor.
What is the effective square footage covered with one unit?
It can cover up to 6000 square feet.
What we liked
- The zapper is completely chemical-free.
- The tray is there for collecting dead insects.
- You can use the chain to hang the device.
- It has a protective cage so no accidental contact.
- It successfully traps and zaps all the insects that get into it.
What we didn’t like
- Might not zap all kinds of insects.
6. VIVREAL Electronic Insect Killer Reviews – The Commercial Bug Zapper
- Installation is very easy; either to the wall or ceiling.
- Ideal for various occasions and can be used any time of the day.
- The collection tray design is suitable and simple to clean and remove.
- The large coverage area of 538 SQ.FT and can work for a very long time.
- Provides free replacement policy without any costs and lifetime warranty.
- A high-tech killing grid of this electronic insect killer creates a large, effective catch area.
- Does not contain chemicals or fumes; totally physical method of killing insects which makes it harmless to the health.
- Features blue light from a distinctive light tube that discharges ultra-violet rays to attract insects such as mosquitoes, and flies to eliminate them.
VIVREAL – The electronic mosquito killer night lamp is one the best electric bug zapper that can curtail flying insects which presents a major threat to human and pet health, causing diverse types of disease.
This environmentally friendly device does exude odor and offers you a comfortable moment without being bothered by those annoying insects.
This insect killer releases the specific wavelengths of UV light that entice flying insects, which attracts them to the electrically charged grid and kills the bugs upon contact with the electrically charged metal grids.
The removable tray helps to trap the dead insects, which makes it easy to dispose of and clean.
What we liked
- Non-rust cracked or faded surface.
- Completely independent of chemicals, fumes, and pollution.
- The Large coverage area of 538 SQ.FT which makes it more effective to attract many insects.
- Effective and safe insect killer both at home or in commercial areas to get rid of any flying insects.
What we didn’t like
- The night lamp mosquito trap is a bit pricey.
7. VENSMILE Electric Mosquito Killer Reviews – The Best Indoor Fly Trap
- The size of the device is 10.73 x 5.47 x 5.47 inches.
- Fame-retardant ABS casing, resistant to UVA radiation.
- The operating voltage is about 800-1000V with a cord length of 5 ft.
- Perfectly bounded by wire to prevent accidental contact by people.
- A 360-degree electronic grid that zaps approaching insects instantly.
- The best replaceable UV Lamp of 7W with an amazing working life of 5000-8000 hours.
VENSMILE indoor electric fly trap is scientifically designed with a special UV lamp that emits a 365 nm wavelength, which has been technically confirmed to be extremely enticing to all kinds of insects or bugs, as it falls within their natural viewing wavelength.
These insects (flies, moths, mosquitoes, and any other flying insect) get killed instantly upon contact with the electrically charged grid of the device since they can’t resist approaching the UV light source.
This device is completely chemical-free and does not contain pesticides or potentially harmful sprays. Eliminates bugs fast without poisons and sprays. This makes it special for some places like hospitals and kitchens where the spray cannot be used.
Does it work during the day or only in dark rooms?
It effectively works in the daytime and dark rooms.
Does it need any attractant?
What we liked
- Easy to use, clean and maintain.
- The compact size makes it perfect for any room.
- The UV light is soft and the size is safe for room use.
- Installation is easy; either by hanging or simply set on a flat surface.
- Features a collecting tray which makes it easy to dispose of trapped insects.
- Safe and can be used in the house since the electrical metal grid is enclosed by a flame retardant ABS cage to prevent the child’s fingers into it.
What we didn’t like
- Does not eliminate all insects.
- Makes a popping noise when exploding insects.
- Insect bodies tend to scatter over quite a large area when they explode.
Can Bug Zappers be Used Indoors?
Bug zappers can obviously be used indoors – in fact, that’s one of their main purposes. Chemical bug zappers should be kept outdoors as they lure bugs with harmful chemicals. So it is necessary for chemical bug zappers to have minimized contact with humans and pets.
However, bug zappers that lure insects with ultraviolet light draw little electricity and can be kept both indoors or outdoors. Some of these zappers resemble lanterns, some look like little heaters, some use batteries as fuel, and some can be plugged for electricity.
Plus, there are zappers that come with a removable tray that catches the remaining zapped bugs; you just have to empty this into the garbage occasionally (hello, easy cleaning!). Other bug-zapping gadgets include handheld bug zappers, which resemble plastic tennis racquets. You can take these with you on a hike, tracking, or adventure and use them indoors.
A handheld zapper can be charged overnight biweekly to keep it at top performance. A Stinger bug zapper, meant for indoor use, uses only a 40-watt bulb and has simple electrical wiring to kill insects. This wiring comes with non-electrified grids around it so that pets do not get zapped.
If you want an indoor bug zapper without the zapping noise, go for an octanol mosquito attractant that uses vacuum action to suck those bugs into an internal chamber from which they can’t escape. Yes, it takes a few pennies more than you would spend on an ordinary bug zapper but once bought, the room will be insect-free and the zapper will do its job QUITELY on the desk.
And don’t forget to keep all of your zappers away from water.
Best Buying Guide for Indoor Bug Zapper
The source/mode of the zapper’s power supply
Planning your source of power supply for the zapper will help you consider the type of device’s supply that best suits you. This can make the operation of the device very efficient. Some of these power sources are accumulators or electricity, solar panels,s and batteries.
A number of bulbs a bug zapper device can contain and its power is important as it enables you to use the light trap with the most efficiency.
Portability is also a vital factor to consider. Light and compact devices are easily conveyed from one place to another whether nearby or distant locations.
Cost of the effective bug zapper
Oftentimes, the cost of zappers indicates the quality and efficiency of the product. In reality, cheap products are mostly substandard and doubtful as they may deteriorate easily, and even turn out to be quite ineffective against the strong attacks of mosquitoes while more expensive and proven zappers accomplish their task perfectly with ease.
Common features of the region
It is of utmost importance to study the features of your region and also the total number of insects within. Usually, big and stable clouds of blood-sucker insects are observed around swamps and unkempt places, so you may need several zappers to be moderately calm.
Working mode (Day/Night)
Best bug killers can efficiently work day and night times, oftentimes, they tend to be more effective during the dark time. This implies that you can leave it operating all night without uncertainty
Our Last Opinion
All around the world, bugs, mosquitoes, and other blood-sucking insects can be seen anytime and anywhere. This is an enormous challenge for people all over the world. Several solutions are obtainable for zapping or eradicating these dangerous flies that put one’s health at risk.
Unfortunately, the majority of these methods are unsafe and not so effective. Some of the solutions can also create diverse health hazards for people.
Since all these methods are not so reliable and unsafe, you must embark on the bug zapper to combat the problem effectively. These Top 7 Best Indoor Bug Zappers Reviews evaluate the pros and cons of different insect zappers.
From the indoor bug zapper reviews, it is clear that they do not contain chemicals, fumes, or poison. They are affordable and easy to use and do not consume much power. Thus, you should make the best decision and purchase the precise pest killer without any trouble.