- 1 Our Top Recommended Choices
- 2 What Is a Mosquito Trap and Why Do You Need One?
- 3 Types of Mosquito Traps
- 4 Propane Mosquito Trap Vs. Light Traps Vs. Repellent
- 5 How Mosquito Traps Work
- 6 Tips on Using Mosquito Traps
- 7 Top Mosquito Trap Brands
- 8 Mosquito Trap Placement
- 9 How to Choose a Mosquito Trap
- 10 How much should I pay for a mosquito trap
- 11 List of Best Mosquito Traps We Reviewed Here:
- 11.1 1. Mosquito Magnet MM4200B Patriot Plus Mosquito Trap
- 11.2 2. Dynatrap Dt2000xl Heavy Duty Flying Biting & Mosquito Insect
- 11.3 3. Kaz Stinger Indoor Insect Trap
- 11.4 4. ULTRA Mosquito Trap
- 11.5 5. Trapro WS108 Wall Sconce Fly Light Trap
- 11.6 6. Blue Rhino SkeeterVac SV3100 Mosquito Eliminator
- 11.7 7. KATCHY Electric Insect Trap
- 11.8 8. Hoont Indoor Outdoor 3-Way Mosquito and Fly Trap Killer
- 11.9 9. Viatek Mini Mosquito Trap Reviews
- 11.10 10. Koolatron Mosquito Trap Reviews
How do you feel when you plan to have a spiced barbeque party right at the back of your yard at one fine evening, and some of the unwanted guests come and ruin it? Needless to say what exactly I am pointing at because it’s obvious that those guests could be none other than the bloodsucker mosquitoes.
They are pretty popular to be known as the worst peace and party poopers and we all know how much challenging it becomes to shoo them away. But do you know, some devices have been around that happen to trap those bloodsuckers that work on luring and murdering them till death.
Many brands have started providing their best mosquito traps, so before you get one, mug up about this magic equipment. Say no to enduring bug bites, because now you can lay a trap for those evils and have yourself a perfect party in the evening.
Our Top Recommended Choices
What Is a Mosquito Trap and Why Do You Need One?
Mosquito Trap, as the name explains is nothing but a setup that you can use to kill all those pesky mosquitoes that have been getting on your nerves. They work through releasing some mosquito-friendly substances such as odors, moisture, light, carbon dioxide or heat that those flies will find enchanting.
Mosquitoes can be called as the bad guys that you never wish to be around. And it’s pretty obvious that no one loves to be around them. But since they are one of those who won’t be just obeying your shoo-away act, you will definitely be needing some tricks to shut them down.
However, mosquito traps usually help to reduce the population of the flies and mosquitoes so that you can get to chill in the fresh air with no bites. If you love to spend time outside the house or in the yard or anywhere, these traps can work as a knight in shining armor for you.
Especially, if your area owns streams or rivers, you will definitely see them wandering around mostly at low light or no light times. So, in the midst of those things, there is no reason to not feel the need of having something to trap the flies or mosquitoes.
Types of Mosquito Traps
Carbon Dioxide Mosquito Traps
Female mosquitoes have this tendency to get close to the humans by detecting the out breath of Carbon-di-oxide(CO2). They possess nerve cells termed as CPA neurons having a receptor that helps to detect carbon-di-oxide.
It lets them sense the plume of air that we breathe out so as to trace us up. And for this, such traps are the best CO2 mosquito trap that works by burning tanks of propane so that they could produce Carbon-di-oxide(CO2) to entice those female gang and kill them.
Propane Mosquito Traps
A propane trap is designed to be placed somewhere in the lawn especially where you will not be venturing into. It’s going to be preferably an area where the mosquitoes and flies will get a good breeding ground for more populace.
These traps tend to flow propane out when you turn them on and convert it to Carbon Dioxide. After that, it gets mixed with an attractant that will imitate the breath of humans that stinging mosquitoes enjoy trouble and this will make them go closer to it. Once the mosquitoes or flies get near to the traps, a fan will pull them into it and they are done with their life.
This is how propane traps work. But mind you, such propane mosquito traps need to be maintained regularly or else it won’t be as much effective as you will expect it to be.
Heat Mosquito Traps
The mosquitoes use infrared light so that they can hone in on the warmth of your body. As they get close to the spot, the thermal receptors on their antennae tip will be able to track the heat of the body. When the humidity gets high, the range of such receptors also gets high.
And for this many controllers include a heating element with incorporated heat mode that lets the system run a bit warmer. With this, the trap gets more appealing to some group of mosquitoes especially Aedes species.
However, these traps basically locate the heat source near the intake system so that it can work more efficiently.
UV Light Mosquito Traps
The UV light Mosquito Traps are one of the most in force traps for nocturnal mosquitoes. These traps form different frequencies of Ultraviolet light to entice such mosquitoes/flies. You will find many colored LEDs that are used as an attractant since it emits the favorite colors of each species.
However, mosquitoes like Anopheles and Culex tend to sting at night while the Aedes mosquitoes prefer to suck our blood during the low light time. And to draw their attention such traps have been made.
H2O Mosquito Traps
This kind of Mosquito trap is easily noticeable for the presence of an open tray of water. You can still call them the best mosquito killer for both indoor and outdoor.
It is quite known that flies happen to lay their eggs where there is water. Hence, to trick them out, H2O traps utilize liquid as both allure and assassination devices.
Propane Mosquito Trap Vs. Light Traps Vs. Repellent
The propane mosquito trap
You will find the Propane traps to be the priciest option. however, its effectiveness is still existing. Many brands are offering their so-called ‘best mosquito trapper’, yet all of them come with both pros and cons.
That’s natural though. We don’t expect to see a trap without any issues. Perfection doesn’t exist and consumers are fine with that as long as it serves well.
But the main thing is that till you don’t get to use the trap and maintain it properly you cannot expect the best result out of it. Mostly the reason would be your wrong positioning of the trap that fails to grasp a major group of the mosquitoes and flies.
Moreover, when it comes to propane mosquito trap, you must prepare yourself to maintain them properly and switch the attractants so that it can make a great impact on the flying insects.
The mosquito light zapper
The lights zappers are known as bug zappers since they tend to zap bugs that get attracted to the light. These are the best fly trap that you can use as both indoor and outdoor.
They get mostly efficient as the sun gets down so that it becomes easier for the bugs to see the black purple light and consequently attracts them.
However, you will still find a lot of issues with such type of trap. As for instance, these zappers tend to make zapping noise that quite annoys you while you are trying to have a peaceful time back in the yard.
Not only that, another issue is that, the noise can also bring more mosquitoes towards the house, and in the end you might end, up with more of the group. To avoid such incident, you can keep it quite away from you in such place so that you can chill and relax with no trouble.
The mosquito repellents
If you want to have the most effective result quickly, although these type of solution can work quite well. You can call them one of the traps that are natural and do not hold any harmful chemicals.
For the short term use, they are the best outdoor mosquito prevention you can have for yourself. However, you must keep in mind that Repellent can cause your skin irritation issue.
So if you think you have sensitive skin, better you avoid it.
How Mosquito Traps Work
Lady mosquitoes tend to fly about 25-feet or less off the ground when they hunt for their blood meal. They use several kinds of sensory parts that help them trace a prey. Some of them are:
How Mosquito Attacked You?
Antennae: They are the feelers that help to detect the Carbon dioxide released from the lungs of a person. Not only that, they can also pick about 350 chemical odors that human skin tends to produce.
Compound eyes: These include hundreds of tiny lenses that they use to spot the movement and distinguish their target. The compound eyes are basically useful for day-stingers that bank on visual clues.
Maxillary palpus: This is likely to be sensitive to the heat and is basically found on the head of mosquitoes. However, it helps them detect warm-blooded quarry and locate the capillaries that are nearest to the skin.
Mosquito Traps Works
Mosquito traps take the benefit of these sensory knacks and fool them by mimicking the visual and smell stimulus of the human. You will get several brands that are providing such traps which manufacture Carbon dioxide, light, heat or propane that works to tempt those flying insects and enthrall them in the equipment leaving them dead.
If you want the trap to work properly, you must place it appropriately. For this, you can keep it either in shadowed parts outside the house or one side at home. You might also require to try out several traps just to check which one of them would be more appealing to your local mosquitoes.
There is the best indoor mosquito trap for in-house and the best outdoor mosquito trap for out-house that will work to bug the mosquitoes till death.
Tips on Using Mosquito Traps
If you plan to opt for quantity over quality, you will definitely make a mistake. This kind of tactics does not work in the long run and it can be stated the same for trap purchase as well.
However, if you’ve got a big house, then purchasing a decent sized model can be the best option. But mind it that the bigger the area is, the more units you will be needing for coverage to trap the flies and mosquitoes.
Home in on The Species
There are a variety of mosquitoes that wander around you. You need to identify the species mainly that ruin the harmony of the environment and get yourself a trap based on that.
If you take the Aedes aegypti mosquito for example, they are kind of the mosquitoes that you will basically find in densely populated areas. And your big town definitely falls into it.
So, if you dwell in such place, then use the trap that has a great track record against such species so that it can keep the mosquitoes at bay.
The most mainstream mistake that you might make is positioning the trap to use in one section of your house all over the day. The consequence will be, the trap will indeed grasp some mosquitoes, yet it won’t be enough to get the efficient output.
Thus, positioning the trap in the correct zone is essential. And you can place one in an area that does not have much movement and you will see all the mosquitoes to get killed within an hour.
Traps do not come with the guarantee to give you instant result once you start working with it. They will surely take a bit longer to visibly destroy the unwelcome flying insects and their populace.
If you want to use such traps, you will need to have both perseverance and patience. So, you should not expect that the trap will pull all the flying insects for death just in minutes after you turn it on.
Take a chill pill, wait for a few days and then see the magic of the traps.
Place your device just before the bug become active. They are basically seen to be full of zipping during the sunrise and the sunset. Hence, with the right weapon on, and with a perfect environment, set your trap up so that it can win over and wipe out the mosquitoes to their death.
Top Mosquito Trap Brands
This brand has been founded by EnviroSafe Technologies International Limited. They are one of the most remarkable trap brands that offer 4 models: Ultra, Premier XC, Premier, and Alpha.
The units mix a variety of attractants, break out safe 12V power and count on an infrared heat, integrated light display and bait strips for enchanting the mosquitoes. The flagship Ultra trap of the company is their CO2 ready trap. It requires to be connected to a CO2 cylinder.
Mosquito Magnet has been formed in 2006 by American Biophysics Corporation. It incorporates Independence, Executive, Commander and the Patriot Plus. Former units consisted of the Liberty, Pro, and Defender that bagged a lot of poor reviews from customers stating that it had issues like propane blockage or clogging.
However, they offer traps using CO2 with subsidiary attractants in the form of Octenol. Despite the traps that are electric or battery powered, the brand still offers all the traps that burn propane for producing carbon dioxide. However, they still have the best propane mosquito trap models in their bag.
Dyntrap is another best trap brand that is popular for their variation of the products. While some have been designed to be used on the basis on size of the area, some have been designed for indoor and outdoor.
The brands have been founded by Dynamic Solutions Worldwide. LLC in 2006, And since then they are offering both reliability and quality of the products.
The brand initially was owned by Lentek International Incorporated. But later in 2003, the Koolatron company bought it and since then they are offering traps for mosquitoes. The Canada-based Koolatron currently manufactures 4 traps that include Bite Shield Protector (MK06), Bite Shield Champion (MK05), Bite Shield Guardian (MK12), and the Bite Shield Guardian Pro (MK14).
The Guardian is corded while the Guardian Pro is cordless. Both the types burn propane and form carbon dioxide with other subsidiaries like Octenol cartridges, thermal imaging for moisture to appeal the mosquitoes.
Speaking of the Protector and the Champion, you will find them corded electric and they use a lighting array, heat and Octenol cartridges.
Hoont is one of the brands formed by the company called 360 Designs Groups which is basically popular in the industry of pest control. It produces a wide range of the traps that will be both safe and effective for protecting you from all the flies that will be harmful to you.
Mosquito Trap Placement
It is very significant to set the trap at the right height for its optimization if you want to get the maximum impact. The optimum height ranges between 40 cm and 70 cm from the ground if you measure it from the base of the device.
If you place the mosquito trap in direct sunlight, chances are there that the mosquitoes will rather happen to avoid the trap. Extreme heat and sunlight might lessen the lure of mosquitoes as well. Hence, you must put the trap in the shaded zone to make the trap work more efficiently.
The rule of thumb is that the air containing the whiff released by the trap should disrupt the flying path of the mosquitoes from the swamplands where they hatch the eggs to the spot where you rest yourself. Thus, you must position the trap in such that will make it natural for the mosquitoes to move towards the trap.
The lady mosquitoes usually hunt upwind so as to drift back easily to the swamplands as they bite their target. It means you should put the trap at the northern corner of your yard in a northerly wind so that the odor forms a path between the region where the mosquitoes hatch and the region where you want to guard.
However, make sure you put the trap in a shaded area that has lesser wind as it will help in spreading more odor from the trap.
Placing the mosquito trap too close to the place you usually take rest will end up alluring them to move towards you. So if you even get yourself the mosquito trap for the yard, it will be of no use.
Hence, to get the best result, you must keep them at a great distance so that they get drawn towards the trap, not you.
The ideal distance relies on the kind of traps that you will be using. But the rule of thumbs states it should be placed at least about 10m to 20m from the place you wish to guard.
Opt for placing the mosquito trap in a damp or humid spot close to the marshland, stream or brook.
How to Choose a Mosquito Trap
Choosing the best mosquito trap is not something that you would rush into if you don’t gather proper knowledge about it. Because if you do, it would complicate the matter and turn it to worst.
Hence, to get the mosquito trap, we have highlighted some factors that you should focus on so that the tough job of picking up the one becomes an easy breezy task. Here we go:
Pick Counting on The Species:
Different mosquito traps use different attractants to lure the mosquitoes and flies for their operation. Because It’s the attractant that helps to enchant the flying insects to get them into such equipment.
So, you will need to go for a trap depending on a kind of species it will attract so that it offers the best output.
Pick Counting on The Maintenance:
The best trap is called the best mosquito killer when it can work effectively with minimal maintenance required. Because come on, we all know that a trap can be as efficient as how well you can maintain.
If you think you can handle the one with electric diversity, then go for it. But if you think you can maintain fuel dependent trap, then go for that.
Pick Counting on The Location:
Location is one of the most important factors for selecting your trap. There are many traps that are not ideal for outdoors whereas many of them work greatly outside the home. Then again, you will find a lot of the best indoor fly trap that work outstandingly great for home.
So, you must pick up all the qualities of the trap you’re planning to own and go for the one that will dot all the I’s and cross all the T’s for you.
Pick Counting on The Area Size:
You should also consider the size of the area that it would cover for luring the flying insects. While indoor traps have lesser coverage and outdoor traps possess wider. You must chew over where you would like to locate the trap. So that you can buy the perfect one depending on the scale of the property.
Pick Counting on The Safety:
Safety is such a feature that many people tend to forget while purchasing a trap. However, you will definitely need to check the label of the trap and detect the likely risks of the product.
Many traps contain propane, so you will be required to take proper care. But it would be the best to go for the one that does not use propane as it is a lot safer for use.
Since, now you know the factors that are of the essence to get the mosquito trap. It will be easier for you to pick one for yourself, most particularly for those bloodsuckers.
How much should I pay for a mosquito trap
The mosquito trap reviews consumer reports have shown how effective these traps are working to keep all the bugs at bay. And these traps come in a range from inexpensive to expensive so that people can buy between $10 and $800 according to their budget.
- Inexpensive: For a simple USB powered mosquito trap, most of them are used at indoor. You have to pay between $10 to $30 for this type of trap.
- Suitable price: For example, the electric trap, CO2 mosquito trap. These traps are very popular for indoor & outdoor. Also, affordable for everyone. You’ll usually pay between $25 and $90.
- Expensive: For example, the propane trap, mosquito magnet trap, and ultra catch trap. You’ll usually pay between $100 and $800.
List of Best Mosquito Traps We Reviewed Here:
1. Mosquito Magnet MM4200B Patriot Plus Mosquito Trap
- It's a propane-based mosquito trap that emits carbon dioxide and heat to attack mosquitos and other biting insects.
- Efficient for a huge area Coverage up to 1-acre.
- It has a 50 ft power cord that means you can plug into your house.
- It's a Silent and completely odorless trap. Only for Outdoor use.
- It has a 3x large collected bag for dead mosquitoes.
- This trap doesn't come with the attractant or propane tank.
- Also, it Comes with a 30 day money back guarantee and 1 year replacement warranty.
There is another product that is able to be your trusty guard which is Mosquito Magnet MM4200B. This stuff appears to be a silent trap that emits all the essence that can lure biting insects, be it carbon dioxide, heat or moisture.
It emits all the three and captures them to kill your worries. By covering about 1 acre of area, you will be able to see the result in just a week.
Moreover, you can also call it an odorless trap as it does not have any typical smell that you might find in other traps to irritate you.
However, one thing you must know about the trap is that it does not include attractant and propane tank with the unit.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Bigger area coverage with 1 acre of area.
- The result can be seen within a week.
- Easy to set up and the manual is clear about how to get it done.
- Features CO2, heat and moisture to lure the bugs.
- Metal and long-lasting plastic parts ensure resilience and protection.
- No-odor and no-noise trap to give a peaceful environment.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- Greater improvement can be seen only after about 5 weeks of heavy operation.
2. Dynatrap Dt2000xl Heavy Duty Flying Biting & Mosquito Insect
- Three way protection ensuring the death of bugs.
- It has strong UV fluorescent bulb to attract the mosquitoes.
- This trap doesn't need to use any attractant or propane.
- This trap can control mosquitoes and other insects that fly at up to 1 acres area.
- You can use it in your house, backyards, outdoor parks, and patios.
- Also get 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty from purchasing this product.
Nothing could give you a nicer way of murdering those evil mosquitoes than a three-way protection of trap can give. And when it comes to such technique, DT2000XL by Dyntrap can be your bud. It has been engineered in such that it is able to offer protection in three ways.
Firstly, it will tend to attract the mosquitoes through generating a warm light by A UV fluorescent bulb. Secondly, it will start luring them with an exclusive titanium dioxide-coated surface by producing carbon dioxide. And lastly, it will suck them till death into the cage by a silent vacuum fan that you will find quite impressive.
However, the DT2000XL is capable of covering 1 acre of land just like the second product. And it can kill about all the moths and mosquitoes that make you go nuts.
Read the details reviews about
Dynatrap Dt2000xl Heavy Duty Flying Biting & Mosquito Insect.....
THINGS WE LIKED
- Easy to clean and easy set up;
- Ideal for every indoor and outdoor environment.
- This trap does Not emit a Smoke, pesticide, And Odor.
- Emission of carbon dioxide for luring them.
- A silent fan to suck them into the cage for killing them.
- This mosquito trap will be great for the large area coverage.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- Might not be 100 percent effective but takes time to witness the greater improvement.
- Might not work for all kinds of insects.
3. Kaz Stinger Indoor Insect Trap
- This trap Can kill the mosquitoes and flying insects that love to get inside the house.
- It features a powerful quiet fan draws insect into the trap and kills them.
- This mosquito trap uses UV white light to attack flying insects and Trap them.
- It has a removable plastic Drawer that effectively collects insect debris.
- The Replacement bulb model for this trap is B04-N.
- This mosquito trap is very effective for indoor use.
What would you do if life gives you a trap that will kick out all the pesky insects that have been troubling you from day to night? Obviously you will grab it as soon as you can. This Kaz Stinger happens to offer you the same service that you look for.
It has earned all the best insect traps reviews that deserve to be bought. It will not only attract the insects through white UV light but also kill them up with its quiet fan where they get dehydrated and die.
To make you job even easier, you will find a pull-out drawer with the unit so you can collect the dead bodies altogether and empty it easily. However, as it is an indoor trap, so it can be kept inside the house only.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Easy pull-out drawer to collect the dead insects and empty it.
- Great for using it inside the house.
- Easy to maintain and easy to clean
- Bulb replacement is too easy.
- It's a chemical free, eco-friendly mosquito trap.
- UV white light is there as well to lure them.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- Might not kill all kinds of insects.
- Might not cover a greater area.
- Not for outdoor use.
4. ULTRA Mosquito Trap
- This trap can attack all the insects that fly at up to 1.5 acres areas.
- It features Co2 Gas that increase the capture ability of its rates by up to 300-400%.
- Mosquito Attracting Stimuli(MAS) technology settings fine-tune itself to target particular insects.
- This Ultra Mosquito Trap should be operated only for outdoors.
- Also, you can get the 12-month Manufacturer warranty.
- It helps to reduce mosquitoes breeding cycles in over 6-8 weeks.
Fine-tune your environment with this another great mosquito trap by ULTRA. It will not only kill those pesky mosquitoes but also murder a bunch of midges and other beings with its smartness.
Speaking of smartness, it features a cool technology incorporating Mosquito Attracting Stimuli settings that fine-tune the device so it can target particular insect species with 12 volts of power.
This human mimicking unit owns a programmable multi-functional timer and you will also find it self-serviceable having a package of on-board diagnostics.
Giving a wider coverage of 1.5 acre of areas, it is capable of drawing all the mosquitoes’ attention. Although, the cylinder of carbon dioxide has not been included, yet there is an optional gas attachment system through which it can upturn the trap-rate by 400 percent.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Easy to assembled.
- Very effective in getting rid of mosquitoes and midges.
- Able to catch the mosquitoes immediately.
- Very effective for kill flying insects at all seasons and weather.
- Wider coverage of area with 1.5 acre.
- Self-serviceable with multi-functional timer.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- Takes a lot of weeks to reduce the population of mosquitoes overall.
- Not ideal for indoor.
- The cylinder of carbon dioxide has not been included so it has to be bought separately.
5. Trapro WS108 Wall Sconce Fly Light Trap
- Effective for controlling Flies, Mosquitoes and Other Flying Insects.
- Features a unique inner reflective coating that increases UV light power up to 3 times.
- Designed with soft UV stylish light to be comfortable for all, it's effective and visually attractive.
- Efficient for a huge area coverage up to 900 sq. ft. or 25 linear feet.
- Can be used in every indoor environment including hospitals, supermarkets, kitchens and working areas.
- For better result, placed the trap about 6 feet above the floor.
- It comes with a 24-month warranty and easy-to-reach support available 24/7.
Another great trap that you can get for yourself is this WS108 one from the brand Trapso. It will not only trap those little beasts but also will murder them to death so you can have an unflustered environment.
It tends to work in silence and lure the flying targets with its special violet light that leads to trap and kill them on the glue boards. It features an inner reflective coat that boosts the bulb up to three times producing UV light.
Moreover, it also upturns the area of coverage to 900 square feet so it can ensure a great performance during the day. Besides, you will find it free of pesticide and nontoxic that make it a better trap to be bought.
It won’t be releasing any kind of smell and will do the job all secretly without any noise. As an indoor trap, it can make a great choice as you can keep it anywhere you want inside your home.
THINGS WE LIKED
- UV violet light to draw the insect’s attention.
- Does the work silently.
- 24 hours friendly customer support.
- Non-toxic, no odor, and pesticide free.
- No popping or zapping noise.
- Great for home use.
- Biggest covers area of about 900 square feet.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- Could be difficult to mount.
6. Blue Rhino SkeeterVac SV3100 Mosquito Eliminator
- It's a cordless mosquito trap that operates by propane.
- Its feature Motion Light increase capture rate for attracts a broader range of insects.
- It's trapping system (Vac & Tac) that utilizes a powerful vacuum and sticky paper traps to securely capture them.
- This mosquito trap reduction a great number of mosquitoes within 1 acre of your yard.
- This trap is designed to control mosquitoes and flying insects in your outdoor.
- SkeeterVac® company advice, don't use the trap below 40 F (4.4 C).
- Also, included 1-year limited warranty with the product.
You can have this SkeeterVac dude from Blue Rhino as well for your backyard to make a plan against all those mosquitoes and eliminate them from your zone.
Just like the title says, this Eliminator indeed eliminates the insects through electronic ignition that will spark the propane from the tank.
However, you will have to buy propane separately to get the job done. Getting back to its feature, the Eliminator covers up to 1 acre of area so it will have a great impact even on the insects flying around at great distant. You will not find it only easy to install but also easy to use. It requires no extra tools to set it up.
Moreover, as for carbon dioxide gas, it comes with a rate of 27,000 cc/hour to make the Eliminator work. And if cordless is your primary preference, then you will have another reason to get it for yourself as well.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Ideal for outdoor. So you can keep it in your backyard or patio or anywhere around the infected place.
- Easy to install and use.
- Propane is enough to use 15-22 days of continuous 24/7 operation.
- Need one minute for assembly and maintenance.
- Don't need any particular tools for installation.
- Traps and eliminates the mosquitoes through electronic ignition.
- Cordless to indicate its friendly convenience.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- You will have to buy propane separately.
- Might take weeks to get a satisfying result.
- Performance might vary according to wind and weather.
7. KATCHY Electric Insect Trap
- Katchy bug trap effectively catching gnats, fruit flies and mosquitoes.
- Its ideal for use in bedrooms, kitchens, offices, and cabins or other enclosed places.
- This mosquito trap operates by using electricity. Alternatively, you can use USB power bank to run it.
- It features UV light to attract mosquitoes and the glue board is killing them.
- It’s absolutely chemical free and odorless. So 100% safe for all family members.
- For effective result we recommend use it in a dark and closed room.
- You can get a one-year full money back guarantee.
If black is your favorite color then you are going to love using this KATCHY Electric Insect Trap that will help kill those midgets and mosquitoes to bring the peaceful environment back.
It tends to come with a bang of triple trapping power that will work great for capturing mosquitoes, gnats and fruit flies.
There is a UV light that will lure them in and the fan inside the trap will jail them. The trap also includes sticky boards to ensure they do not escape from the trap. However, a little drawback about this trap is that it might not work well with the bigger house-flies.
Other than that, you will love the way it will bump all the insects off. And if you want to make it more effective, do use it in dark and closed room.
The trap, with its 5 volt of power and 60 Hz frequency will show its ability impressively. And with a great coverage of up to 320 square feet, this black trap will perform all its duty perfectly.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Lures the insects through triple trapping power.
- The sticky boards stick them to it.
- Odorless and chemical-free.
- Low voltage operation.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- Might not be ideal for bigger house-flies.
8. Hoont Indoor Outdoor 3-Way Mosquito and Fly Trap Killer
- This 3-Way Mosquito Trap very effective to control mosquitoes, flies, gnats, beetles and much more.
- It uses a UV light to attract the mosquito to trap, then kill them with a fan inside the trap.
- Effective for controlling flying insects of up to 1000 sq. ft in your indoor and outdoor areas.
- It has a removing collection tray for Collected the dead insects.
- This trap is 100% safe to use 24/7. Also, it hygienic for your kids and pets.
Hoont Indoor Outdoor tends to enjoy trapping mosquitoes through three ways. It first attracts them with its bright UV bulb light that they find irresistible, then it entraps them with the fan that sucks them inside so that they don’t get escaped.
There is also a tray that you will get with the trap where you can put extra attractants like fruit juice or beer if you want to make it more effective.
To talk about more features, the Hoont trap killer knows how to perform efficiently without giving off odious odor and chemical.
It is not only free of maintenance but also very easy of use. In addition to this, it even kills those insects that fly around at a distant of 1000 square feet.
As for cleaning the stuff, you will even find that easier as all you will just do is remove the tray where the dead flies get trapped and wash them off with warm water.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Safe and quiet operation.
- Traps and kills the insects effectively.
- There is no health hazard for kids.
- Easy to clean for its easy-removable tray.
- Waterproof and weatherproof.
- Takes low energy to operate.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- Shorter cord might restrict the convenience.
9. Viatek Mini Mosquito Trap Reviews
- CO2 and TiO2 combination ensures the better results for attracting all mosquitoes and other biting insects.
- Its features blue spectrum LED lights attract flying insects to trap and a high speed small fan kill them.
- It's a small trap but its ability to cover up to 1 Acre indoor area.
- This trap doesn’t produce any popping or zapping noise.
- This trap outer side made of the quality plastic material. As a result, it is waterproof and weatherproof.
- This trap complete portable. So you can use it for camping trips.
- The viatek provide one year warranty for this trap.
Make your environment absolutely free of insects with this mini mosquito trap that you can get from Viatek. It does not have only earned love from the users but also got great remarks in the best mosquito traps reviews.
With this, you can entrap the flying beasts through a high intensity UV bulb that will draw their attention effectively. Without the presence of any toxic essence, this trap being a mini does its job wonderfully.
There will also be a separate chamber where the dead flies will fall into it and you can clean them up easily. And it’s the Titanium dioxide that helps produce carbon dioxide to do the wonders.
The best part is that, you can carry it anywhere for its compact size that makes it more convenient to have. However, the only drawback is that it works effectively only when the room is dark and none is there inside.
THINGS WE LIKED
- No popping or explosions of insects.
- The presence of CO2 helps much to lure the flies.
- Mini size makes it convenient for portability.
- The separate chamber for easy clean up.
- Traps and kills them all effectively.
- Very lightweight.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- Works great only if the room is dark.
10. Koolatron Mosquito Trap Reviews
- It produces CO2 and heat that mimic human respiration and blue UV light attracts mosquitoes and other flying insects from all around.
- A powerful quiet fan drags all mosquitoes into the trap and killed them.
- This trap is perfect for use in your outdoor mosquito control.
- Its coverage capability up to 1/2 acre.
- Its Unique design makes it waterproof and weatherproof.
- During high mosquito breeding season, you can run it 24 hours a day in week.
Who would not love to take the chance of getting a trap that will not only appear as a trap but also a smart piece of decoration. Exactly. This Koolatron MK05 is a kind of champ in this field that can serve as both the trap killer and a décor piece.
It is capable of covering up to half acre of areas and can be set up anywhere easily. Moreover, it uses three different techniques which are carbon dioxide, octenal and light so that it can attract the mosquitoes to kill them to death.
There is a blue light system as well that will draw their attention to sidetrack them from humans. However, one thing that might disappoint you is that it might not take the life of all kinds of insects.
But that does not make it an average trap as it still does wonders being a nice decorative device.
THINGS WE LIKED
- The decorative appearance makes it look great.
- Does the job effectively.
- Durable and strong.
- Four different ways to entrap the beasts.
- No assembly required.
- Great area coverage.
THINGS WE DID’T LIKE
- Might not kill all kinds of insects.