- 1 Top Recommended Mosquito Spray
- 2 Recommended Mosquito Sprays Reviews
- 2.1 1. Wondercide Ready-to-Spray Natural Flea and Tick Yard Spray Reviews
- 2.2 2. Vet's Best Flea & Tick Yard & Kennel Spray Reviews
- 2.3 3. Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Reviews
- 2.4 4. Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer Reviews
- 2.5 5. Bonide PRODUCTS INC 037321006800 680 RTS Mosquito Beater Reviews
- 2.6 6. Adams Plus Flea & Tick Yard Spray Reviews
- 2.7 7. Cutter Backyard Bug Control Outdoor Fogger Reviews
- 2.8 8. Talstar Pro 3/4 Gal Multi Use Insecticide Reviews
- 3 How do Mosquito Sprays work
- 4 The most common ingredients used in mosquito sprays for yard
- 5 How to Keep Mosquitoes Away Without Bug Spray
- 6 Take Some Precautions Before Use Mosquito Killer Sprays
- 7 Finally To The Good Part; How to Actually Use a Spray Properly!
- 8 Finally
It's winter and along with all the joys and sorrows that come along with it, hate them or hate them, mosquitoes have their breeding season and they’re going to be out for blood! So you know what you need?
You definitely need the best mosquito sprays to deal with their annoying buzzing and potentially deadly bites that will leave an annoying itch and swelling that will leave you in a bit of a bother for the next several minutes.
Ideally, you want to keep them away but sometimes, you’re just better off with something that kills them off and saves you the hassle of returning mosquitoes.
Top Recommended Mosquito Spray
8 Best Mosquito Sprays we Reviewed Here
- Wondercide Ready-to-Spray Natural Flea and Tick Yard Spray
- Vet's Best Flea & Tick Yard & Kennel Spray
- Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray
- Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer
- Bonide PRODUCTS INC 037321006800 680 RTS Mosquito Beater
- Adams Plus Flea & Tick Yard Spray
- Cutter Backyard Bug Control Outdoor Fogger
- Talstar Pro 3/4 Gal Multi Use Insecticide
Recommended Mosquito Sprays Reviews
1. Wondercide Ready-to-Spray Natural Flea and Tick Yard Spray Reviews
- Kills off a wide variety of insects and their eggs too. One spray for them all!
- Consists entirely of natural products. Therefore, safe for the environment, people and your pets too!
- Coverage as high as five thousand sq. feet. Basically with this product, spraying in your general vicinity is going to get you sufficient coverage for your house’s surroundings
- No one wants to worry about mixing ingredients and all that nonsense. With this, you can simply plug and play. Shoot away friendo!
- The website contains information regarding all the pests it kills and does not.
For a product that is completely safe for all mammals and even small pets and rodents. It is extremely powerful in killing off a very wide variety of annoying insects.
Being able to use a product that is so effective in wiping out a variety of infestations without any worry of doing damage is a huge plus for this product. Easy insect-free life awaits!
Q.1: Are bees affected by this spray?
Answer: The product is completely natural and therefore, does not harm insects that are beneficial, like bees. Only pests and harmful insects.
Q.2: Can I use it on vegetables?
Answer: Yes, it is perfectly safe for vegetables!
2. Vet's Best Flea & Tick Yard & Kennel Spray Reviews
- All natural product using a combination of peppermint oil and a clove plant extract called Eugenol, keeping you, your family, family pet and your greenery all safe and sound.
- Kills off pests and harmful insects only by contact. Swiper no swiping, am I right!
- A very good coverage of 4500 square feet after spraying.
- Has a locking mechanism to prevent leakage in times of non-use.
- Very long lasting product.
The liquid used in this product is non-staining. So you don’t have to worry about ruining your expensive patio or deck with mosquito killing liquid. If keeping your patio beautiful and stainless is important for you, this is the best fly killer spray for you, my friend!
Q.1 Will this product also kill my grass?
Answer: It is known to be safe for vegetation, grass included. Feel free to spray on your lawn.
Q.2 Does it work after rain?
Answer: Tends to be washed away quite a bit with rain. Consider reapplying after a downpour for safety.
3. Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Reviews
- Easy plug and play mechanism with a hose means very little time is lost to installation. Attach and fire away!
- It is recommended to maintain a distance during and immediately after application. But after the liquid has dried, it is safe for everyone, pets included, to come back in.
- Effective range is up to 5000 square feet. You’ll need this if you have a big front yard, for sure!
- More effective than safe! Kills away almost all insects in the sprayed area, sadly including helpful ones too.
- Can cause poisoning to people and animals if sprayed items are consumed without proper washing.
Won’t get washed away by rain. If you live in a place that is frequently visited by the tears of Mother Nature, rest assured that you’re still well protected from those biting little devils. As the saying goes, a little rain, never hurt anyone. But with this spray, it’ll definitely not save the insects!
Q.1 Is it safe on flowers?
Answer: Yes, it is safe to use on flowers. Follow directions when choosing to spray anything first thought.
Q.2 How long does it work for without rain?
Answer: Coverage remains up to 4 weeks. Some users, however, did report considerably lower times so do some digging before you go buy it.
4. Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer Reviews
- Available both as a concentrated solution, to mix with water as necessary to get the hard-to-kill bugs and as a ready for use solution for basic insect butt-kicking.
- Solid locking mechanism built in to prevent accidental spraying or leakage. Turn the knob and be worry free!
- A list of 260+ (!) insects are listed by the company Spectracide as being vulnerable to this product.
- Live a stain-free life with this product as it does not leave marks on any surface that you spray it onto.
- Connect it to a hose and spray away; it’s that simple. For the concentrate mix, you need to mix it with some water first though.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Yep, you read that right. If you are not satisfied with the product or the product does not do away with whatever pest is currently terrorizing your home, they’ll pay you back the money!
Q.1 Does it take care of ticks and fleas?
Answer: Yes, you won’t have to worry about ticks after you have used this product.
Q.2 Does this product also kill off eggs and off-springs?
Answer: Yes and no, you do not have to worry about larva hatching afterward; they’ll all be wiped out but it does not explicitly kill eggs.
5. Bonide PRODUCTS INC 037321006800 680 RTS Mosquito Beater Reviews
- Made of biodegradable materials so it will not damage vegetation and greenery. Perfect for use around your home.
- A very hefty range of 5000 square feet, keeping even your big houses free of insects.
- Only needs a host as installation so it’s basically load and ready to rumble!
- Kills of and keeps away several types of pests like mosquitoes and flies.
- Smells nice too so you won’t mind spraying it on! Yes, even smell is important if it’s going to linger there for a few hours, I assure you!
Very long lasting spray. Don’t believe me? Users have reported having gone through 3 months without seeing a single mosquito or fly in their vicinity.
Basically a summer or autumn! If mosquitos come by seasonally, this is the best mosquito spray for your yard! Just one day of spraying in your backyard and call it a season of no bites!
Q.1 How soon does it start to take effect?
Answer: As soon as you apply it basically! You’ll love this product if you have an immediate situation that needs remedying.
Q.2 Can it be used with other plants and vegetables?
Answer: Yes, the product is biodegradable and the pesticide compound used is approved by the FDA if used as directed.
6. Adams Plus Flea & Tick Yard Spray Reviews
- Known to deal with a selection of pests including ants, mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas.
- Is ideal for use in residential areas primarily.
- Provides a range of up to 5000 square feet like many other brethren on this list.
- For proper usage, you need to spray this into nooks and crannies of plants, shrubs, and flowers.
- Is known to last for about a month. Decent coverage duration I must say.
The product itself is quite strong. Therefore, it is going to be very effective in dealing with infestations immediately. If your infestation is too bad, this is the product that you need to use to get rid of a messy situation very quickly.
However, proceed with caution. It is going to wipe the floor with all bugs, spider, and fish too. Use it sparingly to keep some of them alive!
Q.1 Does it do anything to tackle tick babies?
Answer: It’s going to deal with every tick and their children too, so have no fear, my friend! Eggs are going to be wiped out just as much.
Q.2 When do you spray the yard?
Answer: Ideally, spray it early in the morning to have it dried by the time everyone else is home and moving about.
7. Cutter Backyard Bug Control Outdoor Fogger Reviews
- Kills most insects right on contact.
- As a fogger, it has a slightly smaller coverage of 1200 cubic feet. At least it doesn’t get everything wet!
- Spraying it in times of no or very little wind is usually the best use case as this will make sure none of it is getting carried away into someone else’s lawn!
- The product is primarily a killer more than a repellent because of the fact that it is a fogger.
- It only keeps out the insects that are listed on the body. Bees are not one of them so that’s definitely a plus!
Being a fogger, you get to control the spread of the substance more than most products. Fire away in every possible nook and cranny to get pests in places where even the best mosquito killer that is water-based can’t reach! Directly spraying it into pests is also a very easy option here.
Q.1 Is it effective on yellowjackets?
Answer: It will most certainly kill them if you spray directly on them but don’t expect them to be away from your backyard for too long.
Q.2 Does it kill ticks?
Answer: No, it does not kill anything that is not on the label and ticks aren’t there, unfortunately.
8. Talstar Pro 3/4 Gal Multi Use Insecticide Reviews
- Not for your everyday user. Need to know a thing or two about mixing chemicals before you go and get this!
- Professional grade product and can be mixed according to what is necessary for target insects.
- The versatility lets you control the concentration of the solution as well.
- Contains bifenthrin, a very strong insecticide. Potential to do some serious damage with this product.
- Odorless so it definitely won’t be putting you off after application!
It is suitable for use in non-residential areas as well. Large expanses of commercial and shopping spaces that need to be cleaned out are primed for this product. If you have a big infestation problem over a very large area, this is the best fly killer spray for you!
Q.1 Is the solution concentrated?
Answer: Yes, the solution is highly concentrated so that you can dilute it as need be.
Q.2 Will this kill ladybugs?
Answer: Yes, it will do away with most insects, even harmless ones, if the mix is strong enough.
How do Mosquito Sprays work
Mosquito killers and repellent sprays work in a number of ways, but namely, repellents and killers will inhibit the nervous systems of insects or their sensors. Once the contents of a spray infiltrate the system of an insect, it will cause the nervous system to go crazy and eventually cause the insect to die.
For slightly less lethal sprays and particularly repellent only sprays, they tend to inhibit the odor sensors of mosquitoes. Mosquitoes, as you might be aware, don’t actually have eyes. Instead, they rely on smelling potential victims that they can plunge their needle-like mouths into.
To get a spray to work, all you have to do is spray it into the general vicinity that is suffering from a takeover by the small, needle-mouthed annoying buzzers. Aerosols and mosquito sprays are mostly air, of course, and air only needs a few seconds to spread throughout the environment.
Of course, it’s not going to get into every nook and cranny though! Maybe that’s the next thing that mosquito repellent manufacturers can address! Please take note, all concerned parties!
The most common ingredients used in mosquito sprays for yard
The best mosquito killer sprays for most situations, including your yard, come with 2 certain ingredients; d-Phenothrin and Permethrin.
D-Phenothrin works by getting to the system of mosquitoes, flies and other insects that come into contact with it or eat it will tend to get a nervous breakdown and just die. Thankfully, it is a substance that is much less harmful to humans so no nervous breakdowns for you!
Initially used in getting rid of head lice, scientists soon realized that adding the dosage can kill off some much bigger bugs and pests like bees, flies and importantly, mosquitoes!
Permethrin is a substance that is added with vaporized liquid and unlike its counterpart chemical. It mainly acts as a repellent and inhibits the odor sensors of pests to prevent those bitty little pests from coming back after a session of cleansing.
Together, these two ingredients, despite consisting of only 1% of most mosquito-killing spray’s contents but do an incredible amount to keep us safe from the evil clutches of the mosquito massacre machines. There are a few other chemicals that are often common ingredients.
Malathion is a substance that is often used to spray mosquitoes in the open to keep them away from a particular vicinity. Commonly used in farms, in a diluted form, it is safe to use as a mosquito repellent.
It can do some serious damage to those pesky little biters and like D-Phenothrin is also a substance that upgraded from lice to mosquitoes.
Permethrin is a natural insecticide found in some specific flowers. It is disruptive to the nervous systems of insects without being particularly toxic for bigger mammals.
Being a natural ingredient, it is something that is less harmful than many other mosquito killer ingredients that are manufactured and can be worse for the environment.
How to Keep Mosquitoes Away Without Bug Spray
In case you’re the type that would rather not spray poison to in the surrounding atmosphere to you, there are, however, a couple of things that you can do to address the situation.
Mosquito Repellent Plants
If you’re the type of person that likes to have vegetation and plants in and around your home and outside it, you’ll want to make some additions to your garden with some mosquito repellent plants.
Yes, you heard that right. There are plants that actually repel mosquitoes! The best part is, some of these are plants that you might have in your garden or backyard already.
Lemongrass or citronella plants exude a strong aroma that will help preoccupy the odor sensors of mosquitoes and make it near to impossible for them to detect the scent of blood. Marigold flowers are also a good repellent and have certain chemicals whose odor will ward off mosquitoes.
Mosquito Repellent Clothes
Mosquito repellent clothes might be the answer to your mosquito problems. If you have issues with a mosquito infestation and need to wear clothes (which probably applies to everyone).
Don’t worry; it’s not like putting a net around your whole body! They’re just like regular clothes but the fabrics are reinforced with a colorless and odorless substance that repels mosquitoes and other insects.
Let’s be real; it is quite difficult to spray enough repellent outdoors to ward off mosquitoes from everywhere! So it’s definitely a lot more practical to wear something that keeps them away without having to waste all that spray.
Mosquito Repellent Oil
If you’re the rare breed that would rather not opt for clothing, you might want to rub some oil all over your body. Certain oils contain ingredients that are natural mosquito repellents and in addition, can also be very beneficial.
When you applied on the skin and leaves you smelling like a million dollars. However, given that mosquitoes tend to turn up in winter, you’ll want to wear a layer or two because oils aren’t going to warm you up enough when it’s freezing cold!
Consider to Netting
If your problem is restricted to indoors, it’s a bit easier to tackle mosquitoes. When the sun is about to go down, you’ll know that mosquitoes are about to start an invasion in your homes. It’s time to shut every opening down.
This isn’t an exaggeration; to keep them away, you need to completely shut out your home from the outside. Keep all your doors and windows locked after the sun calls it a day.
If ventilation is an issue, consider getting netting for your doors and windows. So that it will still keep those pests out and still let air in and out to prevent your home from feeling suffocating.
Take Some Precautions Before Use Mosquito Killer Sprays
If you think the alternatives are not very good and you’d rather stick to mosquito repellent sprays, you’ll want to take some precautions. Yes, shocker, you have to be careful when you’re going to spray insect poison everywhere!
1. So first of all, the toxic chemicals used even in the best mosquito killer will likely contain it in such a small dosage that it will almost never be toxic to mammals or animals of a much larger size in general.
However, it’s still something that can be quite a nuisance when it gets into your eyes or mouth! So before you go off shooting off some killer spray anywhere, it’s best to cover your mouth with a mask and wear goggles or even a neutral pair of spectacles.
2. If you are spraying an air-based spray out in the yard, it is recommended to keep your doors and windows shut. It’s highly likely that whatever you spray into your shrubs or deck will get blown away into the rest of the atmosphere by winds.
But even then, to minimize the likelihood of anything bad happening, it’s best to go through with this step. You might have a pet fly at home for all I know! Don’t blame me if anything happens to Timmy!
3. Onto more serious issues, say, worst case scenario, you or someone you know has had issues with the use of mosquito sprays before and said person will be in the vicinity during or immediately after the spraying.
First off, they probably shouldn’t be in the vicinity in that case and a change of plans might be best. If that’s not possible, consider having oxygen masks around for them and make sure they stay indoors with everything closed to prevent being affected in case the yard only, is being sprayed. This applies vise-versa as well.
Finally To The Good Part; How to Actually Use a Spray Properly!
When you are spraying a mosquito killing spray, make sure you do it in sweeping motions and instead of holding down the nozzle as most people are tempted to, do this in pauses in order to maximize the spread of the spray.
There is very little benefit in spraying it all in one place when mosquitoes are usually just all over the place, now is there?! Spreading it out properly will not only get maximum area coverage, it will also save you from a quick trip to get the next canister too.
Maintain a distance from objects of about four feet to make sure the object does not get washed by the liquid. Not like your tables and walls are going to have mosquito eggs so save the spray for the air! This also includes yourself; if you’ve only ever used repellent sprays, DO NOT spray killing spray on your body!
Some mosquitoes with some degree of resistance might not be thwarted simply by a sprayed vicinity. If that’s a problem you’re facing, go for some aiming practice with these little devils and spray directly at them. Rep points if it’s a headshot!
You probably have everything you need to know what is the best fly killer spray or the best mosquito killer for your surroundings. Again, the best spray depends on your needs! I’m just trying to help out.
With this information, though, you should be in very good stead to make the right purchase for your work. And hey, everything comes with labels. Maybe read some?! All in all, it’s not very difficult and thankfully so! I for one just can’t stand mosquitoes!